Monday 7 April 2014

Buses and Manners

Hey I'm new to all this... so, cut me some slack please! OK so buses. I actually quite like getting the bus; it gives me a sense of desperately needed freedom. I enjoy standing at the bus stop; waiting for the bus to get me to school or to the town, but what annoys me is the rudeness of some of the other people on the bus. Whether this is on the school bus, the most painful quarter of an hour ever, or a service bus where either there are rude bus drivers, or it's the other passengers that are rude.
Like on the school bus, I had sat down on the only two seater left which happened to be in front of my friends. I had literally just sat down and put my pass into my bag, about to move it into the floor, when this very rude child (he's only a year younger than me) comes and MOVES MY BAG! I was like 'what the hell are you doing?' He didn't even ask to sit there. Now I'm not a horrible person, I did let him sit there, but also, when I got up to get off the bus, he was sitting on his phone, not paying any attention, so I said "excuse me please." about four times before the bus started slowing for my stop and ha hadn't moved. Making me almost miss my stop by the time I'd shoved my way past him.
Although, rude bus drivers seem to piss me off even more than stupid barely adolescents whose jeans are way too tight. It's when a bus driver gives no respect to a paying customer, and you're like, 'why am I wasting manners on you?' For example, one day I was going into town to meet up with my friend and do some shopping. We were supposed to be meeting at twelve to get some lunch before shopping, so I was getting the 12:15 bus. It was late. So I text my friend telling her I'd be late, and once I put my phone away, the bus was almost at the stop. I stepped forward, trying to balance my umbrella and my purse when the doors open and I hear the bus driver shout:
"Hurry up would you! I'm in a rush." I was literally two steps from the bus, but anyway, I got on and paid my fair and sat down. I wasn't too annoyed now but a couple of stops later, I was raging with him. Okay so, it was about four stops after I got on and this poor elderly couple got on. The lady had paid and was sat down, and the old man was just heading for the seat next to her and the drive floored it, almost sending the poor man flying! I couldn't believe it! Yes okay you might be a bit behind schedule, but that doesn't give you the right to attempt to make pensioners fall over!

If you haven't guessed already, I REALLY don't like rude people. Manners cost nothing, and make peoples life so much better. So next time you're on a bus, please thank the driver, don't touch someone's stuff, and if there's only one seat left on the bus... ask the person sitting on the seat next to it if you can sit there. Its only common decency! 

Pheonix Feather

No comments:

Post a Comment